When there is a party, people want to enjoy themselves to the fullest and to keep them happy, the host must look into every detail with special attention to catering, seating arrangement and décor. As the host, you will want the party to be memorable and successful. The caterer’s job is to ensure best quality food and service. Your job is to ensure that the party goes well. In case, you are planning any such party, finalize the budget, select the theme and sit with the following particulars.
- Space: Once you get an estimate of the number of guests, you can then determine amount of the space needed for the guests to eat and move around freely.
- Quantity: Quantity of food consumed will be determined by the number of guests, who have chosen a venue. There must be enough food and sufficient choices for guests. You must consider the average age of the guests.
- Staff: The caterer hires the staff. It the duty of the caterer to furnish capable staff worthy of handling similar kind of events beforehand. Ask the caterer what is the number of staff they will have on board at the venue. Inform them of any staff that the venue thinks will put up.
- Waiters: Did you know there are 3 different types of waiters? No, right? Well, there are. These different types of waiters are called ‘The Cocktail Reception Waiters’, ‘The Sit-Down Meal Waiters’ and ‘The Buffet Dinner Waiters’. The first kind helps serve food and drink. The second ones stand at the buffet table, serving food to the guests in line. The third ones serve only to the guests sitting at the dining table.
- Bartender: Hire an experienced bartender who can mix your drinks well. An experienced caterer must know what it is that you need and furnish staff accordingly. Experts will always minimize wastage.
- Chef: Ask your caterer to furnish the best chef in town. Ensure that the caterer can furnish all different types of food for the guests. Do not forget to enquire about the experience of this chef.
- Food: What is it that steals the show in every event? It is the food. Ensure there is enough food so that you do not run out. Talk to the caterer on what you want the main dish to be, together with appetizers and side dishes. The right amount of food is dependent on getting food estimates of the attending guests.
- Drinks: The bar must be absolutely well-stocked up with quantity and variety. You never know what your guests might plan to drink, so it is best to have a little of everything. An important rule in this regard is – the more the better. Non-alcoholic drinks are also a must. Also, you can’t miss out on ice and sparkling cold water.
- Cleanliness: Well, experienced caterers will do the entire cleaning job as a part of the service. They will ensure, clean utensils and neat presentation.
Hosting any party has never been easy. You have to make your guests feel comfortable and spend time with them. Encourage them to mingle. Leave the stress on the catering staff, just enjoy your party.