Have you ever wondered how food can turn down all your hosting endeavors? When hosts serve greasy heavy food, more than often it is not welcomed by guests. They are mostly in no mood to disturb their appetite with oily coarse food that proves good to the taste buds but with no nutritional value. No wonder people often have a reservation planned at a famous Deli just after such an invitation.
To prevent such a disaster from happening to your party, you can definitely plan your party a little different. Going by market rage we suggest you put in a few dishes from the delectable and savory Mediterranean cuisine. Healthy and organic, Mediterranean food is winning accolades all over the world. Not sure of the cuisine? Get introduced to its distinct attributes.
What are the Characteristics of Mediterranean Cuisine?
- Mediterranean cuisine is an age-old trick that ensures you are sure to have a healthy meal. With olive oil being the main component of this cuisine, it is used not only in cooking but also as dressings on a salad. The food is thus not only yummy but also healthy.
- Use of red meat is very limited. If at all used by any chef it is usually grilled to reduce fat.
- Seafood is also often used in this cuisine instead of red meat and acts as a rich protein source. Common to most Mediterranean dishes, seafood relies heavily on the Mediterranean Sea thus being aptly important in almost all of their dishes.
- One of the main reasons why Mediterranean food happens to be very healthy is the ample presence of vegetables and fruits in the dishes. Variegated salads occupy an important space in the spread.
- The Mediterranean region experiences the least number of incidences when talking cancer and heart diseases. Yet another reason why the world is increasingly succumbing to Mediterranean food, even though 40-50% of calories in this diet are actually derived from fats.
- There were noticeably lower instances of allergies and asthma in kids too, as noticed in a study on the diet of inhabitants of the Greek Island of Crete.
3 Popular Mediterranean Foods to Be Served in Any Party
Of the variety of options you have when organizing a Mediterranean themed party, you can surely include rice, pita bread and hummus. The combination of the three brings more options. Pita bread can be used as a pocket sandwich, and filled with hummus as well as any vegetables and meats you like. If most of your guests do not have a full appetite, pita bread and hummus or vegetables happen to be quick and easy snacking options. Therefore, even if you don’t comply with a full Mediterranean spread your guests can surely enjoy the flavor in dishes created out of mixture of these three.
Mediterranean catering is performing exceptionally in the food market of the world. A new study suggests more than 19000 deaths can be prevented in the UK every year with just a few changes in the daily dietary routine. The researchers gathered information over a period of 12 to 17 years over 24000 people, gathering that almost 12.5% of the heart attacks and stroke deaths could have been prevented if Mediterranean diet was pursued.
The robust flavors of Mediterranean Cuisine happen to be increasingly effective in entertaining guests and yes you literally do not bring the food all the way from Italy, Greece or Turkey. Bella Vita chefs are here to define a great menu and unravel finest dishes for your social or corporate event.