Barbeques are fun and no doubt a popular entertainment for most people. Apart from the wide variety of food and salads that can be served up at such a gathering, outdoors allow for a host of other activities as well that all translate into memorable times for all! Hiring professional barbeque catering services is a good idea if you are expecting a large crowd, but if your guest list is under 20 heads, then you can pretty much manage things on your own with a little planning. Here are a few things that you need to do in order to have a successful bbq!
• Make a guest list and get a confirmation from all your invitees so that you have the exact head count for the final day.
• Plan your menu and shop for all the ingredients in advance so that you don’t have to run around at the last moment. This would include frozen stuff, pickles, dips, etc. If you have salads on your menu, you can pick the greens later, but be ready with rest of the things.
• Ensure that the equipment and tools you are planning to use is up and running and in good shape. Test to see whether it works fine. If necessary get it cleaned and serviced beforehand so that there are no glitches on the actual day.
• Arrange adequately for drinks and refreshments keeping in mind the preferences of your guests. In addition to hard drinks, soft drinks, cocktails, lemonade, beer are a few things you can stock up on.
• Hire chairs and tables if you do not have enough supply of these.
On the day of the barbeque
• On the final day, remember that you have to start early and have everything ready before your guests start arriving.
• Set up and light the grill, so that you can toss the meats and veggies as soon as people arrive.
• Set up and decorate the tables with table cloths, paper towels, disposable plates and glasses and also with sufficient servings of dips, sauces and accompaniments. Have adequate seating arrangements.
• Set up a drinks counter so that guest can help themselves or you can ask a friend to help with this counter.
• Cut and keep fresh fruits and vegetables ready in the refrigerator so that they can be served as soon as guests arrive. Also remember to thaw frozen stuff and bring to room temperature all that you have marinated the previous day.
• Do not forget to place trash bin so that people dispose off their cups, plates, glasses and leftovers. This will make it easy for you to clean up after the party.